Monday, December 29, 2014

Hong Kong and Japan Trip (2014) [DAY 2]

"Hello! You may skip over this if you're not interested at all.
But to those who are interested, in September I went to both Hong Kong and Japan as a small holiday (and also visiting my relatives who are all in Hong Kong) and since I took a lot of photos I wanted to do a small blog about it for each day."

With that said, here is a blog of the second day! It's pretty inaccurate since my memory is really bad...haha so sorry about that!

Anyways click click click read more to check it out!





I just realized that all the photos I took are all of food...I'll (try my best to) describe what happened and what I did!


So in the morning I got out and took a bus to the New Town Plaza in Sha Tin. When I got there I was so surprised because the whole place was so big and I felt like I could stay there for days and I wouldn't get bored. 

It was extremely hot though so whenever I got out of the mall (since there are bridges that lead to another side that isn't the mall but there are small shops around) I felt like dying from the heat. Really. 

I was at the plaza because I was going to be waiting for another relative who would bring me around and to a relative too so we all could have yum cha together.

Both drinks are Schweppes
L-R --> Grapefruit and Honey + Lemon
So whilst waiting for my relative, I bought drinks and a choux puff from a place called 'Choux Creme'. I got the strawberry and cream one and I can definitely say that the pictures look way nicer than the ones in real life. But the taste was still wonderful...even though I got a puff with a bit of mold on it....ha...

Also I managed to buy something from the brand 'Too Cool For School' and the girl was very nice in explaining everything! She gave me a sample too so I was very happy about my very small purchase!




Hehe during my time in Shatin Plaza I went to a place called 'Snoopy Land'. I have really good memories with this place because when I was living in Hong Kong, my parents would often bring me here and I would play in the buses and just everywhere especially during this kind of weather. However it's not as bustling as before and I can definitely say that it kind of looks like the place hasn't been cleaned for a while. But the memories still remain and I think they're renovating things (as seen behind me in the photo) so hopefully things will look a bit better in the future!

Anyways soon after I met with my relative and we went to yumcha with my other relative.


Yummy foods!


After yum cha I went to Goldfish Market which was located in Mongkok. Of course there isn't just pets and goldfish but around the area there's also food and a lot of different types of clothing. I bought some clothes too while I was at it but I didn't take any photos. Haha sad to say I mostly took photos of foods so I apologize for that.

That being said, I had dessert at a small shop called Tong Pak Fu. Apparently it's a really popular place and I can see why since the desserts there looked extremely nice! I had a mango mille feuille, mango shaved ice and a brownie with vanilla ice cream as you can see above. I can't say the prices were cheap as the desserts price ranged from $5-$10 but it was certainly delicious.



It feels like I never stopped eating since right after dessert I had a large dinner with relatives. I can say happily that everything was delicious and I especially liked the duck and the pasta (that large plate with chopsticks stuck in it) since they had lots of flavour in it.



At the end of the day here is a photo of what I hauled! I'm a shopaholic when I go to places with extremely cheap stuff...especially since I'm comparing this to Australia (the land of expensive stuff). I'll try my best to list down where I bought everything and what they are since for some reasons most places didn't have a sign above them so I have no idea what the stores are really called.

Ribbon headbands --> Some random shop (wow so descriptive) in New Town Plaza and $70HKD for two. But they're everywhere and they look exactly the same so there's no need to go to New Town Plaza specifically for it.
Yellow pencil case + Rilakuma notebooks + Bottle next to pencil case --> At Yata  also in New Town Plaza.
Origami paper (the one with a bear holding a cake) + yellow bird (next to the notebook with flowers) and cake --> Random stationary store.
Scrunchies + two face packs (from Too Cool For School) + balls + Hello kitty --> New Town Plaza
The green-ish blue ball (the EOS lip product) + donut thing next to the sunscreen + nail clippers --> SaSa
Three shirts (from top to bottom)  --> The top 2 from a shop at Goldfish Market and the short sleeve one from Global Work
Sunscreen --> Wellcome (basically a supermarket)

Welp I'm horrible at remembering the items and their locations so I apologize...

See you next time in another blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment