Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Dear Darling Tint (#1 Berry Red)
















I am finally back with a review! Hello everyone! I hope that there are still readers out there ;~;. I've been busy with school and just the Australian heat being such a bother (so hard to take pictures outside I feel like melting...) but I have finally manned up and took some photos for this review. 

I know this is a pretty old product and it's probably not exactly the best colour for summer, but please do enjoy this review and click click click the read more button if you're interested!

There's two large gifs in this review so if you have slow internet please beware!






Packaging: There is sadly no box for this product but it is tightly sealed with plastic and sticky tape so you can be extra sure that the tint is unopened! Also the cap is a pink screw-on cap so you can put it in your make-up bag safely without worrying that it'll leak. 














Scent: The scent is a really pleasant grape candy scent. The scent fades away after it settles on your lips (which takes a bit) so those who are scent sensitive may not like this! 




Colour: Unlike how it looks like in the bottle, the colour that comes out is a red tint with pink/purple undertones when I swatch it. It's really different from what I expected when I first saw it in the bottle.




Colour on my lips: The colour that shows up on my lips in the photos look pink/purple but in real life it looks red. So I guess it really depends on the lighting and if you've added concealer on your lips or not. Also a fun thing about this tint is that it settles in the centre of your lips mostly (as you can see in the photo) so this is great for gradient lips!



Lasting time & How it feels: The tint lasted a good three hours or so but most of it was removed when I ate dinner. As for how it feels, the texture is a jelly-like water tint when I apply it on my lips. But when it settles and dries it feels a bit drying so lip balm is recommended!

Final thoughts: A nice tint by Etude House that I would like to use when autumn comes. However I would like if it was a bit less drying but other than that I really like it! I hope to try more colours that are under this line.

Pros:

  • Good for gradient lips
  • Long lasting
  • Nice colour
  • Scent (can be negative)


Cons:

  • Scent (can be positive)
  • A bit drying
  • Takes a while to settle
  • Not good for dry lips!
Thank you for reading this post and the pictures after the title picture (which I do not own) are all taken by me!

No comments:

Post a Comment