Monday, February 23, 2015

Hong Kong and Japan Trip (2014) [DAY 3]












"Hello! You may skip over this if you're not interested at all.
But to those who are interested, in September I went to both Hong Kong and Japan as a small holiday (and also visiting my relatives who are all in Hong Kong) and since I took a lot of photos I wanted to do a small blog about it for each day."

My memory is getting hazier by the day I must finish this before I forget everything! (Sadly I am forgetting a lot due to school...aha)

To those who want to read on then click on read more~


P.S. I have delayed this for so long it is amazing I might triple post...OTL...I'm even mixing up locations this is not good.




Always start the day off with a nice breakfast! This time this meal was for $63HKD which is pretty darn cheap. I like the noodles with the sausage and beef in it...that was really good.

Okay I didn't take any photos of this but I went to Sino Centre where they sold lots of Anime and KPOP stuff in that whole centre (uhm there was also weird stuff so do be careful!) and I bought a KPOP album for a friend and also some posters for a decent price so that's good! There are so many things to buy in that centre so it would be best to go at around 11AM to really buy lots of stuff if you're really into this kind of thing.

Oh and here's a small story of when I went there (Haha...QQ). I went into this corner store because they were selling phone plugs so I entered slowly and two people were sitting there and they didn't notice I went in. But when they did they both looked up and started staring and I was getting somewhat nervous (it was a small store and you know it's always awkward to have someone staring when you're buying something, but since there's no security system in those stores they basically "have to" stare at you.) so I got so nervous to the point where I just left the store after a few seconds...Haha I easily get uncomfortable...


But other than that my whole shopping experience was nice. 





























Then after walking around for a bit Langham Place was the next location! What's special is that you can go immediately from the 4th floor to the 8th floor via escalator (my height fears were proven true when I felt a bit woozy when I was going up that escalator...haha). But here's a thing(?) that decorates Langham Place! To be honest I have no idea what it is so I'll just call it a person-tree. Well to those with good imaginations please give a good name to this person-tree!





Whilst walking to Langham Place I saw a street store selling these egglets! (I can't read nor write Chinese OTL so I'll just go with the English name I googled). When I was a child I really really loved egglets and I would get these as a snack whenever my dad brought my brother and I out to the supermarket. It was a nice experience to get eat this after years. Try it sometime!  I've seen lots of different flavours out nowadays like matcha, chocolate and strawberry so those seem interesting.

60 more Boutiques & Food, I was so amazed at how a shopping mall could fit so many shops lol



Anyways back on topic,  when I went to Langham Place they were doing a cute event where if you bought enough things you could get a plate of these Sanrio characters depending on the week! But sadly, everyone's extremely quick and the plates were all out of stock so I was too slow OTL.




























Having MosBurger for lunch! I also had a rice burger (the one wrapped) and it was pretty delicious! Haha I ordered in English for MosBurger (couldn't read the Chinese on the menu) and the worker looked surprised like 'wth' and the guy in line also looked surprised that I was speaking English...aha I should really brush up on my Chinese so I can order next time well lol. 



At Langham Place where they had lots of Sanrio props around so I took a picture with this cute car!


Okay since I didn't take any pictures after walking around at Langham Place my target was to go to Innisfree and Etude House in Mongkok! Which I did and at Innisfree I bought the water glow cushion~ I also really liked the customer service there because I was hesitant in asking staff for help (because I encountered some that wasn't so friendly when it came to serving customers...aha) but the Innisfree worker was extremely kind! So I happily bought the water glow cushion! 



Once again after all that shopping, food is next! This time I went to a place in Mongkok called TeaWood, a Taiwanese dessert place. The menu had lots and lots of options but the Mango Vanilla Honey Toast caught my eye the most! I can definitely say that this lives up to the picture I saw on the menu and it tastes wonderful. If I had the chance I would love to return to this place to try another different type. If you're ever in Hong Kong this a good place to go to~







My last location of the day! 
I went into Harbour City which is actually three malls in one: Ocean Terminal, Ocean Centre and Gateway Arcade with over 450 shops and around 50 restaurants (as written on this website).
Okay I can definitely say that this "mall" was so big I nearly got lost in there and I had to check a map because I was like 'did I go there already?' and it was definitely mind boggling. This place has a lot of high class brands and so the items are more of the expensive side, however it is still nice to window shop and just walk around (but I swear it's really tiring lol especially if you can't remember where you've went). 


























And here is the beautiful night view at the highest level of Harbour City. What was really nice too was at the top there was a bar and there was a really relaxing atmosphere with the chill music and bar.

That's it for Day 3! 
Thank you for reading and please expect the other days soon~

No comments:

Post a Comment