Monday, May 4, 2015

Give Me Chocolate (Cherry Truffle)




Hello hello! I am finally back with a review after many posts about my travels (I still have yet to finish so whoever reads it please do look forward to it!).  I apologize for being so late in reviewing this but school has started again so I've been buried in work for a bit ;A;. 

This time I'll be reviewing Etude House's cute chocolate inspired eye shadow which I recently fell in love with and bought it (with a help of a good friend who bought it from Singapore!)

Like always, click click click if you want to read more!

Warning: There are two fairly large gifs in here so if your internet is slow please beware!




Packaging: So this is the "Give Me Chocolate" eye shadow from Etude House! I can definitely say the packaging is adorable and it really does remind me of chocolate (now I'm hungry...ahaha...). I also like how the cover material is waterproof so no matter how much I accidentally soak this in water it is safe from damage.





Scent: The box says that the eye shadow gives off a sweet cacao fragrance and I can say that's kind of true. You can't really smell it unless you put your nose really close to the eye shadow to give it a sniff. As for the scent itself, there is a very faint scent of cacao, other than that it just kind of smells like regular powder.



































Sorry, I also bought Salted Caramel so I was planning to do a review together but since I changed my mind please just pay attention to the circled ones!


















Colour: The two colours are very pretty, one is a shimmery bronze colour and one is a light shimmery pink. The two colours match well but the pink one is sheerer as opposed to the bronze one so you have to swatch it a few times before it comes out nicely. 





























Final Comment: The eyeshadow is really cute in terms of packaging and the colours are very pretty too, very spring-like (which isn't good since it's nearly winter here now lol...). In my opinion the pink is too sheer for me so I might have to pick up a primer so it would show up better. But in the end I still love this so I'll try my best to use it whenever I have time.


Pros:

  • Cacao powder-like scent (can be con)
  • Lovely colours
  • Pretty packaging
  • Bronze colour comes out well
  • Good for spring


Cons:

  • The pink is very sheer
  • Cacao powder-like (can be pro)
Anyways thank you for reading my review! I hope I haven't lost my touch and I will try my best to keep improving!
See you next time~

I do not own the image that is used for the title picture. Other than that, everything else is taken/filmed by me!


3 comments:

  1. (^: "good friend" aye.

    Nonetheless thanks for mention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aye you want another title? (^:
      Haha I should thank you for the mention on your blog! *A*

      Delete
  2. I was eyeing this product ever since it came out and I could not resist due to its packaging. I quite regret not getting it during my trip over in Asia :(

    By the way, I am a new follower of your blog! I think it is amazing and keep it the good work! I hope you can check my blog out too! <3

    esjaeee.com

    ReplyDelete