Friday, January 15, 2016

Freshkon ColorsFusion (Glittering Blue)




















It's been ages since I've done a review so hello there! Basically what happened was school + I lost my camera + nothing to review that really killed my vibe for reviewing. However, a lovely friend had bought me contacts from Singapore and so I am here to review that!

To be honest I've always found contacts extremely interesting because of all the K-Pop idols you see in MVs wearing them. It's amazing how different pupil sizes and colours make people look so different. 

So enough rambling and click click click if you're interested!

Warning there's one gif in this so if your internet is slow beware!







































Packaging: So basically its a really simple packaging as the box only states what colour you're getting on the side of the box. By the way the colours they use to represent on the packaging is pretty close in my opinion so look out for that too. Inside the box are two packages that have the lenses and they have all the details on it like the diameter, expiration day, base curve and power (for those who need glasses).

Diameter: They're 14.2mm which is quite large in my opinion. Also they are soft lenses and you can wear them for quite a long time till they break or get too soft!



Colour: The colour looks so so pretty. It's a very nice light blue (quite different from the sticker on the box though haha) and it has a black outline that makes it look more natural on your eye. To be honest I was really worried that this sort of colour wouldn't match me because I've never tried contact lenses, haha. 




















Colour on eyes: Sorry for the inconsistency! I took the pictures are different times so the light levels are a bit different. However these photos do show how nice these contacts look on my eyes really. They look a bit darker than when it was floating on the liquid because my eyes are dark brown. However the colour shows up really nicely even on my eyes so I'm very happy with that!



Comfort/Hula Effect: (For those unsure, the hula effect is when your contact lenses don't follow your eyes due to excessive movement from your eyes). As you could see, possibly because I placed it on wrongly, the contact lenses did have a bit of hula effect and they were quite uncomfortable if I moved my eyes too much. However it might be because it was quite dry that day so my eyes did feel uncomfortable. On other days they actually feel quite comfortable and it didn't feel like there were contacts on my eyes. So if you live in dry places please do buy some contact lenses eye drops to prevent dryness!
































Final Comment: These contact lenses are so so pretty! They make me feel like a mermaid for some reason, maybe if I dyed my hair some crazy colour I'd feel more mermaid like, haha. However they do very unnatural so those who like natural looks should stay away from this colour. But if there is ever a chance for me to wear these lenses in public or something I would love to.

Pros:

  • Beautiful colour
  • Good for cosplaying
  • Comfortable (only on days where the weather isn't dry)
  • Long lasting
  • Decent price (around $19)
Cons:
  • Slight hula effect
  • Uncomfortable if weather is dry
  • Unnatural-looking 

Thank you very much for reading my review! Please do look forward to posts in the future, even though there may not be a lot! Also for those who are interested you can check out Freshkon's site and please do be careful with contact lenses as carelessness can lead to bad eye damage. 

I do not own the image that is used for the title picture. Other than that, everything else is taken/filmed by me!

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back!!
    YOUR EYES ARE HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE WOAAA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I need to catch up reading your blog posts! ;A;
      Haha it's all thanks to the power of contact lenses tho :P

      Delete